What Sealed One of My Earliest Marriages


I’d say I had a pretty normal childhood.   After school, I’d come out and play with my neighbors.  But most of the early 15 years of my life was spent alone.  Oh no, I was not lonely.  Excuse the cliché. If I didn’t feel like going out to play with friends, I had another group of friends – few stuffed toys and reads.  Yes, you read that right..reads.  My parents love to read and so do I.  If there’s anything that we spend our money without feeling guilty, it would be reading materials.   Please don’t get the wrong impression.  I have said this before, I’m a narcotic reader.  I got that from my family.  

It was late 90’s (I was around 9-10 years old) when I visited my hometown, Bayugan, Agusan del Sur that I came across my Granny’s collection of Reader’s Digest along with my Dad’s few collection of Archie Comics, too (you can tell now that I’m the type who can’t get her hands off on family treasures).  I was just skimming and an entry caught my attention.  After reading that single page, I read every page there was and got hooked!  It’s been an inseparable marriage since.

But so much of that story.  What I really wanted to share is an entry that I read from a Reader’s Digest February 1988 issue (I know, it is super old. Haha!).  I hope that the image would be big enough for you to read. You can just click the photo so you can have a bigger image.  And if you feel like it, do post your comments below.  I'd love to know what your thoughts are!



Growing up, that entry came to be very influential for me on how I should follow, lead and treat people.  May we take inspiration from the core values instilled to the kindergartens.

Reader's Digest February 1988

*For those who are familiar with the mentioned magazine, you must like Laughter, the Best Medicine,  All in a Day’s Work, Life’s Like That, Points to Ponder and all its fun staple and regular sections.  I find that the humor in it is so incredible that even if I have read it (the joke) a number of times, I’d still have a good laugh.

I love meeting kids who love to read.   In this day and age, where technology has its ups and downs on getting kids to read, seeing a child rooting for good reads just makes my heart happy.  What was your favorite book to read when you were younger?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Dunkin' Days to Daddy Gabby: A Marketer's Journey and Gratitude

Brokenhearted On February 2013 :'(