Brokenhearted On February 2013 :'(

I didn't really plan on writing a blog at this time of the day (it's past 1AM as of this writing), especially that I'm down with flu.  But since I slept late in the afternoon I can't make myself sleep early for the night.

I was just planning to jot down my passwords in my secret notebook (it's not so secret now, is it?) but my hands are shaking way too much.  The effect of Salbutamol in my system can be far worse when the dosage is not monitored closely.  Believe me, I don't give a rat's arse with my hands trembling as if I'm nervous of something but then I can't get anything jotted down without affecting my handwriting.  I tell you, it is very difficult to write in such poor state.

Oh well, I owe you my readers an update.

I wonder how many of you celebrated Chinese New Year?  I'm told that my Mom's side has some Chinese descent but I can't confirm that (and that's way beside my point).  The Chinese culture was showcased around the city and it was just as colorful as it always is.  Though I don't celebrate the holiday, I can not deny the joy and excitement that a Chinese New Year can bring to a community.  Their festivities can liven up a dull place as if transforming it to a big musical and theatrical event.

And so the year is just starting and I thought nothing could go wrong this first quarter but boy was I very heartbroken.

Louie, a friend of mine had a fatal motor accident at the eve of February 14.  Yes, a Valentine's Day for those of you that celebrate it.  It truly was a sad day for us. Like most of my friends, I remember Louie as someone who always had a smile on his face.  He was very talented, simple yet driven, a young father to a 3 year old girl.  The next morning, my friends and I did some text brigade and quickly initiated a donation drive so we could sponsor one night of Louie's wake.

Many positively responded to our call so we successfully held a memorial service to celebrate Louie's life.   We asked their family to hear our stories of Louie so that they'd know what he was like to his friends.  Also, we watched a simple slideshow presentation of his life.  He was just 26.  Most of those who attended are my friends too (of and or about the same age as Louie's).

An early and unexpected passing of a friend just is very sad.  But no one will ever be prepared very much of experiencing loss of a loved one, right?  However, sad moments such as death will make us appreciate life even more.  For death is something way beyond our control.

With Louie's passing, I am reminded to be thankful, be forgiving, and be giving everyday.  Yes, there are days when we feel that everything and everyone is turning against you.  But let us be reminded too that, death like most things in life are beyond our control.  Some circumstances can not be changed.  Don't worry about that.  Just change your perspective.  Death can not always be the end.  It could be a start.

With an earnest prayer and an open heart, a change in  our perspectives like how we live our lives and how we treat people and circumstances around us will dictate on how we will be remembered by our friends.

I wish I know how to end this in a happier note but I don't think it's appropriate.  However, just like any event, we have to move on and keep on living.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Dunkin' Days to Daddy Gabby: A Marketer's Journey and Gratitude