Birthday-cation with Boyfriends!

I have not really been out of town with just friends in tow.  
This year, I decided to go to Camiguin Island with them.  
Too bad, some didn't make it but we went ahead anyway.
Gladly, my Tita lent me her ISX-40 so we had 3 cams altogether.  
So I got on the road with college buddies Jhauvz Javier and Ruel Baron.
Special shout out to Baron's brother, Tonton for ushering us on day 2 
and Baron's very warm and accommodating family.


Ardent Hot Spring

We rented a motorbike to get to Ardent (Php30.00/pax).  A roughly 4km from Lakas, Poblacion, Mambajao, Camiguin.
Entrance is Php30.00/pax as of this writing.  Pool is open 24/7.  This was not the case 10 years ago when i was here.
Tip! -> Find someone honest and negotiate that the motorbike driver will wait for you, else, they'd ask for an additional payment.











White Island

My Dad swears this white sand bar used to have trees. :p
Boatride as of this writing is Php520.00 good for 6 passengers.  Now if your group exceeds that number, I tell you, you will need to rent another boat.  Those guys are pretty strict when implementing guidelines for passenger's safety.  But of course, you may just ask to join in on other groups. :)
Tip! -> Apply and Re-apply Suncreen!!!  The water is cool so you'll have much fun swimming that you'll most likely be sun burnt.





















Breathtaking Highway View on the way to the Old Volcano

This was not part of the itinerary but since the view was breathtaking, we couldn't help ourselves but enjoy the view and shoot it!












Walkway to the Old Volcano and Stations of the Cross

I've been to Camiguin a lot of times, but I've never had the chance to check out this place.  I was dead curious what was up there.  My, it wasn't how I exactly expected it to be but it sure did not disappoint. :)  I had to convince Jhauvz and Baron to complete the 15 stations.  Hahaha!  You should have been there and saw their faces drop when I insisted.   I kept telling them round about the 11th station that we had to finish the stations (as yet, we are non-RC's).  It was all worth it!
Entrance fee is Php5.00
Tip! -> Bring some water for it's a looooooooooong walk, uppppppppppppphill. 
Bring spare shirt too if you like 'coz you'll likely be drenched in your sweat.












Gui-ob Church Ruins and Sunken Cemetery

Camiguin did a good job on preserving Gui-ob Church Ruins.  As for the sunken cemetery, we were not really up for that thrill.  
No Entrance fee.

The cross at the back lies the Sunken Cemetery.




















Sto. Nino Cold Spring Resort

I'm not a huge fan of cold springs (bad idea for those who suffer from arthritis like me).  But the whole place was cool so I had a time to nap.  I didn't get to have a photo of the whole place, I'm pretty sure you can google that anyway.  
Entrance fee Php20.00
Tip! -> Bring floaters with you or rent out those "salvavida".  Even if you're a good swimmer, I promise you, you'll enjoy renting those salvavidas for there's no way you can stand being in the water for so long.
Oh!  You can have meals cooked out for you.  I decided to take 2 whole dishes for the group at the nearest eatery.  The old lady there of Igtos Store was kind enough to lend us her plates and utensils.  her dishes are cheap too! ;)













Guinsiliban Port

The next itinerary was just to tour the coastal road round Camiguin from the cold spring and I happen to have caught a glimpse of the Guinsiliban port.  Apparently, this port have been deserted so it's a good place to shoot. :) 








paandar!

Taguines Lagoon (J&A Fishpen)

Entrance fee Php5.00




Whatnots

Random and not so random shots. ;)


This Manong who wouldn't give me his name was kind enough to let me inflate my floater for free!





I am not much of a pack rat.  Yes, those bags are all mine. :)



My birthday cake!  Or what's left of it that is.  :)














~fin~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Dunkin' Days to Daddy Gabby: A Marketer's Journey and Gratitude

Brokenhearted On February 2013 :'(