Riding the Canopy Glider (aka Flying Lizard)

I never learned to ride a bicycle [yeah! what a wimp!]
This canopy glider offered by Dahilyan Adventure Park sure is the closest thing
I can ever get to riding a "bike".
This canopy glider is more fun though 
since I don't have to worry about having an unforgiving fall,
 and the most fun part is, you're riding in mid-air!

The ride isn't for everyone as you'll find yourself in a great cardio work-out.
There's a weight limit too. The Park has a weighing scale if you're not sure how you're doing :).
The whole ride is 600 meters long.
I was sweating profusely when it was all over but it felt so good!
If I'd ride the canopy glider everyday for 1 week, I tell you,
I'll lose weight fast!
My, after the ride, I was hungry!
The ride costs Php200.00 on weekdays [I missed to check the rates but I think they 
add Php50.00 on weekends].

Tips:
  • Put on some Sunscreen.
  • Make sure you have bottled water on hand.
  • You'll most likely be drenched in your sweat or the rain will pour on you [an expected weather when you're up in the mountains especially when you're there after lunch so have some spare clothes and face towel].
  • Unlike the Zipline Rides, the Canopy Glider does not have a photographer/s but you can ask the ones in-charge to take a photo of you with your camera.
  •  If you like taking "selfies", bring along your phone! [I only remembered to do this in the middle of the ride butI figured you guys should do it since I didn't get to].  Be sure that your phone has a sling so it'll just hang 'round your neck or wrist.  But it would be so much better if you have one of those waterproof phone cases ;)
**check Dahilayan Adventure Park's other rides here.
Who says waiting in VAIN is boring? :p

You'll be given this sticker wrist band once you've paid your ride.
Expect that you'll do a lot of treading downhill and uphill the Dahilayan Adventure Park.
It's not called with "Adventure" for nothing.
You can't be on dress and be comfortable with a harness.  That's why I only bring 1 dress with me when I travel.
You'll be briefed about what to do in case you find yourself stuck in mid-air. 









With Daddy Gabby, Ate Maims and Tita Lotis.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Dunkin' Days to Daddy Gabby: A Marketer's Journey and Gratitude

Brokenhearted On February 2013 :'(